Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Quick Hits



 - 6th Edition Warhammer 40,000 has been previewed and it looks like Games Workshop is choosing to encourage narrative games over the tournament-heavy mentality of the last few editions. It will probably be less mechanically balanced than before but the return of things like allies and overwatch and some of the new rules - measure at any time! finally! - is a move towards a style of play less concerned with optimized builds and balance over all. Hmm, that sounds a little familiar.

- The PDF for MHR Civil War is available and the early reviews are positive. I'm looking forward to it but I'm holding out for the hardcover version. The Apprentices now have their own copies of the basic rulebook and have been boning up on how the system works.

- They're making another D&D movie - lord - ENWorld has info and discussion here. Probably more than it deserves.

- Our 4E campaign continues and is going well. I should really start putting up those session summaries.

- I finished reading the Pathfinder rulebook. The last time I looked at it was the Beta and I just did not care enough about another version of 3rd at that time. I have to say I think they did a pretty decent job of updating 3.5. I am going to run the boys through the Skull and Shackles campaign and I have an idea for running a secondary game on a whenever kind of schedule too. I'll probably post more about that this week.

- Other developments are disrupting my planned schedule and with the acquisition of some things. It's for a good reason but for the next month or two there may be a lot more "examining of existing stuff" and less "picking up of new stuff".

No comments: