I won't typically do back to back posts on computer games but we have some overlapping events this week - it's a good problem to have!
Before we get into the event details let me say something about the game: It is truly free to play. You can play any of the heroes in the game (55 of them right now) up to level 10 then choose one to uncap (playable to level 60). The second day you log in you will be awarded 400 eternity splinters (the in-game means by which you buy heroes) which is enough to unlock another hero for free. With the event below you can also pick a free Iron Man or Captain America as well. So there's potentially 3 free heroes as of the second day you log in to the game. Eternity splinters both drop regularly during play and are awarded as part of the log-in rewards. There are heroes that unlock at 200, 400, and 600 splinters. June is the anniversary month for the game and there are typically a ton of giveaways during that as well, including a free hero at some point. With May full of Civil War and June full of anniversary it's a great time to join in and find out if you like it.
|Midtown Madness can get pretty crazy
The Civil War tie-in is MH's biggest event yet. I'm just going to cut and paste the info below:
Starting this Friday, May 6th, we will be kicking off our first event of the month and will continue through the coming weeks.
5/6 - 5/12 - MARVEL HEROES: CIVIL WAR PART 1!
- Crossbones in Patrol Modes - Crossbones and his band of mercenaries have begun terrorizing civilians in Hightown Patrol, Industry City Patrol and Midtown Manhattan Patrol. It is up to our heroes to go in there and stop him before more innocents are caught in the crossfire!
- Madripoor Bazaar Chase - Maria Hill and S.H.I.E.L.D have been busy tracking Crossbones and have located him in a heavily populated Bazaar located in Madripoor. Many innocent civilians are trapped and only our heroes can go in and help them! The chase ends with a confrontation with Crossbones that will have a very polarizing effect on the world and their opinions on super heroes.
- Bonus Experience - All of the playable heroes in Captain America: Civil War will get 50% bonus experience! This includes Captain America, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Black Widow, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Spider-Man!
- Edit: Due to player requests, we will also be doing 50% base bonus experience for all playables.
- Giveaways - We will be sending out 2 codes later this week, one for each side in the Civil War. You will be able to redeem only one of the codes in order to declare your allegiance! The codes will give you either a FREE Iron Man and Team Iron Man Mystery Box, or a FREE Captain America and Captain America Mystery Box! These codes will only be available for a VERY short time, so be sure to claim them quickly once we send them out!
- Civil War! - After the events of Madripoor, lines are drawn between Super Heroes and you must choose a side! Raise you influence with your team by doing daily missions and hunting down Super Villains. Will you do what it takes to ensure your side is the winning side, even if it means fighting other Super Heroes?
- Tournament - Prove your allegiance by working with other players in a Civil War tournament, where the rewards are not based on individual placement, but team performance!
- Bonus Experience - All of the playable heroes in Captain America: Civil War will get 100% bonus experience!
- All the new Civil War related game content from the previous 2 weeks!
- All the new Civil War related event content from the previous 2 weeks!
- Bonus Experience - All of the playable heroes in Captain America: Civil War will get 150% bonus experience!
- 5/26 - 6/3 - THE CALM BEFORE THE ANNIVERSARY!
- Civil War Game Modes, patrol bosses, event components will be going away!
- Odin's Bounty Returns!
Edit: And of course later on the day I post this it turns out there's a new "new player experience" coming as well. Take a look here.