Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Beginnings

With the old group splintered and the old campaign dead I spent some time thinking about what to do next. One of the good things to come out of the split is that my "D&D only" players are gone, so I can actually consider running some of the other games I have been interested in. I talked to 2 players who had been in and out of the group and 2 of my core members and threw out some options:

  • Star Wars Saga edition - I had run 2 mini-campaigns of Star War d20 that were well-received, I have quite a few ideas that I would like to run, and the Saga rules are solid.
  • Supers - Either Champions or Mutants and Masterminds. I haven't run a supers game since the 90's but it had been the "next game" for about 4 years with the old group. Now I could finally run it.
  • Warhammer Fantasy RP 2nd edition - I play Warhammer, I love the background, and I love the 2nd edition RP rules. I wasn't burned out on fantasy but I didn't want to run D&D again when I had the chance to run something different.
So it was a diverse group of games but all of them had a ton of untapped potential. We scheduled the first get-together for 2/6 and I decided to go ahead and make it a thrash-out session since we had not gotten together in a while.

No comments: