Thursday, February 11, 2010

And the Winner is...

My 4 players and I got together and despite my initial efforts it eventually turned into a let's throw some books on the table and flip through them while we debate session. These have had a way of generating really wild results in the past but everyone gets a say, so what the heck.

Star Wars and M&M were discussed. One player was really interested in Saga.

Champions was discussed and one player was less than enthusiastic due to a bad GM in the past. I threw out Marvel and DC as potential options but Hero System remained a maybe.

Deadlands was a surprise dark horse and may come up again. I have it in original flavor, D20, GURPS, and Savage Worlds, so it has a lot of flavors.

The Deadlands discussion led to a Savage Worlds discussion which led to Necessary Evil...and that is our new campaign. I fell in love with Savage Worlds before it was even published and I've been on the email list since it started, even though I've run a grand total of one session of it ever. Now I get to run it with super heroes...

I can't wait.

No comments: