Battletech Terry (not that surprising really considering) brought up 40K knights a couple of weeks ago and sent me down a path.I counted it all up and I have roughly 3000 points of the things and a bunch of it is magnetized and so ridiculously flexible. I only rarely use magnets as I'm more of a "commit and learn to use it" kind of guy but this was done before I acquired them and I admit it does make a huge difference, especially with an army like this. I "only" have six war dogs but I have enough magnetized weapons to build them pretty much any way I want, with at least 3 sets of everything. I can't see myself wanting to use more than that really as much like some other armies* I didn't get a Chaos Knight army to play baby knights - I got into it to play the big boys. The 10 little ones + a single big knight is just not something I'm interested in playing.
So they are totally playable now but there's work to be done as they are not nearly as pretty as they could be. I am starting with the smaller ones to work out paint schemes and then I will dig into the bigger types. With all of the magnets I have to paint more arms and weapons than bodies so it will be interesting. I may add one more abominant chassis to accommodate some more options. I'm also looking at aftermarket heads and parts to see if anything catches my eye. For now though the focus is to gwt what I already have closer to "done".
As far as the other mentioned armies ...
- The Dark Angels are kind of set aside for now. I know what I want to do and I have most of what I want but it's going to take a while to get it all built and painted. I'll come back to them down the road.
- The Blood Angels are still on the desk and I will work on them as an alternative to the knights. I'd like to finish up a few more units for them and they are 2nd or 3rd priority for now.
- The Grey Knights have seen a lot of progress this year so I'm taking a break. I will go back to them , mainly to finish their vehicles up, but it'll be a little while.
- The Custodes are in great shape with a few new additions. I have less than 20 models to build/paint to complete everything I have 4000-ish points of them and while there are a few gaps - especially with the new stuff coming out now - I'm pretty happy with the mix of units I have. I'll keep my eyes open for a few things but I'm not feeling much urgency to add anything here.


No comments:
Post a Comment