The Grey Knight Interceptor squads I was fixing last time have officially been finished and moved to the cabinet along with another Librarian. It feels good to have that done and it puts me at about 2500 points finished. That's roughly half of what I have so there is still some more to do but this is most of the infantry done and they tend to take more time than characters and vehicles in my experience. I'm happy to see this progress for the year.
So the big question is what's next? There will be several answers here. For one I intend to keep working on the GKs as I do want to continue the progress. Next unit there will be a paladin squad and another librarian, then probably a techmarine because they are the closest to "done" right now. But I have made quite a bit of progress and I'd like to work on something else too and see some progress with one of my other armies. This is where it gets tricky.
Part of what I've been doing is going back and inventorying what's in each army and what state it's in - built, painted, etc. - plus adding in point values as I go. I used to keep this kind of stuff in a notebook but they way I work - getting super-interested for a few months or a year and then moving on - means that notebooks get shuffled around and buried and can be hard to find when I come back to a particular army after time away. So now it all goes into a spreadsheet. I still have the notebooks because I like to scribble my thoughts at times like what I was thinking would be cool to try with this army or what other unit would be a good addition in the future. Going through the whole process though tends to re-ignite some interest in each army as I get to it and I have to fight the distraction. Focus!
So last night I dug into my newer Ork stuff and built the Warboss from Armageddon. He is bigger than the old ones but I may have some solutions. I'm leaning towards keeping Grukk as a Warboss and then making the Black Reach Warboss into Big Bosses since they're all on 40mm bases anyway. It means I wouldn't have to change anything and could still use them in old edition games. I feel bad for neglecting the Orks after doing some work earlier in the year but I figured it might be smart to wait for the codex since it will be along soon.
I also spent some time with my Eldar after playing them last weekend. I have a lot of stuff painted and done but I have a lot of stuff not painted yet too so there is plenty of opportunity. Thinking about getting the low-hanging fruit here too and finishing a few things that are "close to done".
![]() |
| He's different-looking than most Custodes but I kind of want my leaders to stand out in the sea of gold armor this army tends to have |
I also went through my Custodes force and counted them up and added it together and ... I really don't need much here. I need to finish some Allarus Terminators and make an Allarus Captain and I might pick up the standalone 300-looking Shield Captain as I never got one of those but it's a pretty complete force really.
The new Dark Angels are still in play too. I'm trying to take them a unit at a time, not a whole army at one time.
Those are really the top 3 candidates for more attention. Of course there are plenty of others in the mix - I feel bad for abandoning the Praetorians for months, and the Iron Warriors, and my 'Nids. I just find I get more done focusing mostly on one army. They will all get a turn eventually.


No comments:
Post a Comment