Thursday, July 9, 2015

Goings-On Around the Tower:



A slow creep back to action ...

  • The one campaign I am running, Wrath of the Righteous for Pathfinder,  is finally getting back on track this month after being on hold since March
  • The one campaign I am playing, Kingmaker for Pathfinder, has also been taking a break but is getting back on track this month
  • Apprentice Red, Official College Student of the Tower is finally embracing the full college experience and is planning to start up a campaign on campus. It's likely to be Pathfinder as well, probably the Emerald Spire, because I have a fair amount of supporting material for it that he can borrow. 
It's a little funny that I've gone this Pathfinder-intensive. I like the game fine, but 5-6 years ago I was as  done with 3rd edition as one could be. The last couple of years it has somehow turned into my main game.

I do intend to use some of those other books on my shelves. Most likely candidates: Savage Worlds, Mutants and Masterminds, ICONS, Spirit of 77, FATE, or some flavor of Star Wars. I have ideas for all of them, and all of them are good candidates for a one-shot game to break things up. That's also all everyone seems to have time to do right now anyway. 

More to come!

2 comments:

WQRobb said...

I'm always impressed by how many games you can juggle at once.

Blacksteel said...

I don't want to oversell it - that's running one game and playing in one game regularly and then trying to work in some time with some other games where we can. That's actually a lower level than I've had in some recent times but it's what I can manage right now.

One good thing is that with a pretty stable group of players I can dust off something from a few years ago and play a sesdion or two without having to go through a full start-up process.