Monday, August 25, 2014

RPGaDAY - Day 25 - Favorite RPG No One Else Wants to Play

Oh lord, take your pick. I have quite a few games, and most of the time we play ... D&D. I like D&D (and Pathfinder) but there are so many options out there. If only I had the collection I have now back when I was in High School and College and had more time to blow on these things. Oh well, I'll pick a few - like a lot of my other posts this month - and they're going to look pretty familiar.


I suppose I shouldn't complain since in the last 3 years or so I have run sessions of M&M 2E, M&M 3E, ICONS, Marvel Super Heroes, and Marvel Heroic. That's not a bad sampling of superhero games. Every time I look at one of these books though, the creative stuff starts flowing. When I've asked my players to rank a list of say 5 different game options Champions will get a few votes but it's not at the top of anyone's list so it never gets played. That has to change sooner or later.


It doesn't matter which edition or what kind of campaign I propose, no one wants to play Trek. Apprentice Blaster is interested, but he's the only one. So ... much ... material ... and yet nobody is interested. At some point I should probably quit my whining and start looking for players online specifically for this or just break down and run one online, but even then I'm not sure how many players are interested enough to stay with it over time.

3 comments:

Anthony N. Emmel said...

I would love to run Trek, but my current group would try to break it. Maybe if I ran an Orion campaign.

Adam Dickstein said...

My two favorite-est games!

That's a shame. A damn shame.

Blacksteel said...

I could probably talk the Apprentices into Champions if I really pushed but neither is at the top of their list, either.