Wednesday, April 2, 2014

More Trek - Something Old, Something ... Less Old

I picked up a few things to support the upcoming Trek game:


I somehow managed to never pick up the larger deck plans when I was heavily playing this. They never seemed to be all that common in our local stores, and I thought they were kind of pricy, but they were really, really, cool.


There was a time when I would have hung these on my bedroom wall. I'm probably not going to do that now.


They are pretty large - that's about one quarter of one sheet up there, and there are quite a few sheets, all double-sided. They are are, effectibely, larger versions of the sheets that came in the FASA boxed set gridded for 15mm scale and the counters from that same FASA Trek fit them perfectly. I picked up the D-7 sheets years ago and now I have both! I'm sure I will find a reason to use them in the near future.


I also picked up the screen for LUG Trek Next Generation. It's the old-style screen, vertical, and flimsy. I know, they all used to be that way (call it a product of its time) but the newer style landscape & hardcover screens are just better. Content-wise it seems decent enough but I've found it's hard to judge screens until you actually sit down and use them in play. I don;t know that I'll even use it as a screen, I mainly just wanted all of the charts in one place - think of it as a "reference card."

3 comments:

Adam Dickstein said...

I miss those deckplans. I had them all. Lost them in a move or something years ago.

T_T

WQRobb said...

You can buy blank GM's screens with clear pockets. Photocopy the pages out of the GM screen and insert them into that if you want.

Blacksteel said...

BA - There's just something about these things ... probably the same thing that drives my interest in maps since it's pretty much a map of the ship. There's a physical thing there too, having a giant poster sized map to throw down still beats showing it on a screen.

WQR - Oh, I know, the Savage Worlds guys have had them for years. I just picked this one up because it was cheap and will work as a quick reference. I've been using screens less and less lately so it's not as critical as it used to be.