Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In Remembrance ...

We recently lost an old friend, a boon companion through many, many battles.


This miniature warrior, known by such names as "that guy in black armor with the two-handed sword" or "no that other one" eventually became the main miniature representation of Brutalus Maximums III and IV, both clerics of Tempus.

I'm not sure where he came from - I think he was an old Metal Magic mini, a bunch of cheaper imports that the local game store chain carried in the 90's. I know I got him and painted him up sometime in the 90's because I used him in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th edition games. In his final session he was being used as a paladin of Tempus by one of my longtime friends and players, so at least his final role was one that was familiar.

He met his fate in the jaws of the deadly Hound of Blacksteel, a ferocious beast that normally patrols the holdings on the lookout for intruders, but something about Mr. Greatsword-in-Black caught her attention and the outcome was inevitable. She also recently destroyed one of my old metal painted Rebel Troopers, and I wasn't too happy about that either.

The deadly Hound of Blacksteel stands over another victim...

Be that as it may we bid a fond farewell to the Brutalus mini. If any of you can identify his origin or know where I could find another one, I would be indebted. Regardless, the quest for a successor begins now.

3 comments:

GeoffN. said...

May his valiant song echo in the halls of Valhalla for all eternity.

Jeremy said...

Brutalus must live!

I nominate as his spiritual successor: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/plate/latest/02483#detail/02483_w_1

Blacksteel said...

Thank you for the condolences Spork.

Oh there will be a new mini. I had one already but I think Will stole it. Time to go shopping...