Wednesday, September 30, 2026

I Did Finally Receive My Scientific Barbarian Kickstarter Books

 

I've talked about this one before but the story does finally have an ending. The Kickstarter funded in November 2023 with an Estimated Delivery of Feb 2024. After that we got various updates and long periods of silence. This month I finally received the package with all 6 issues and at first glance it looks like everything is correct. So it's on the shelf and I won't be posting about it any more here. 

Am I happy I backed this? No.

If I had known up front that it would take this long to complete would I have backed it? No.

Will I back any future crowdfunding efforts by this team? No.

A thing to keep in mind with any RPG Kickstarter is that the vast majority of them will get made whether you back them or not and the days of great deals or exclusive extras are long gone. I often find RPG Kickstarter items available online for less than I paid for them via the KS very soon after release. I also find that any "exclusives" nowadays tend to be "exclusive until six months after launch" or so - so don't let that fear of missing out push you into backing something. Most of the time I would say just wait - they will make it and they will want to sell it to you once it's finished. In the meantime, you don't have money tied up in someone else's drama and health problems. 

No comments: