Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekly Update: Post-Cowboy Monday, TV, D&D, and ICONS


  • The Cowboys lost in Green Bay - regardless of calls etc. this was a much  better season than anyone expected at the beginning of the season so I can't complain too much. My personal antidote to the playoff-loss blues was to immediately jump into our monthly Pathfinder game. It's good to have something else to focus on, like managing our kingdom and chasing down a marauding werewolf. 


  • Agent Carter - I liked it. I'm hoping they do more with it than a short mini series as I think a 40's-50's spy show has a ton of potential. Also, as Apprentice Who pointed out, "60 seconds in and this show has 100% more Avenger than the first episodes of "Agents of Shield".
Nothing wrong with this disguise at all


  • Galavant - The whole family liked it, from the musical theater college kid to Lady Blacksteel to even me. I had low expectations and I was very pleasantly surprised. It's like a clever web series with a real budget. 

  • The D&D Basic Rules for 5th Edition have an online site  now. It's not quite the PFSRD but it's not bad after skimming through it.

  • ICONS seemed quiet to me last year after the release of the new edition but there is some new activity to report. 
Now I haven't tried any of these yet but I've liked just about everything Fainting Goat has released and Dan Houser's adventures for AI have been a lot of fun too. I see no reason to think that has changed for either company.

No comments: