Friday, September 14, 2012

End of the Week Thought


Ironically, not even the developers knew the true answer to this question ...
I will finish the other half of the 40K box exploration, and I have an idea for an interesting series of posts later this month, but this week I realized something

  • At the start of this year my main RPG (the one I run and play the most) was D&D 4th Edition
  • At the start of this year the miniatures game I played the most was Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition
  • At the start of this year the computer game I played the most (online or otherwise) was CIty of Heroes
By the end of this year all of those things will be out of print/over/gone. 

Now I don't think of any of those as particularly exotic so I don't think this is me picking oddball games from dodgy independent publishers - this is just a weird coincidence. Regardless of status, I expect the 4E train will be rolling into 2013, 40K will probably be played more as we explore the new edition, and as for COH ... well I'm not sure what we will do there. I'm not that excited about any of them right now. Heck, Mechwarrior Online looks about as enticing as anything out there but it's an entirely different kind of game.


No comments: