Saturday, January 1, 2011

The New Year



Hoping that 2011 continues the gaming renaissance here so I thought I would post a few of my goals for the new year:

  • On the RPG front the name of the game is FOCUS. I've settled on 3 types of games to run now and I plan to stick with those for the year:
    • D&D
    • Supers
    • Star Wars
I'd love to run more Traveller or Trek or Deadands but for 2011 they will just have to wait.

  • On the book front I want to try and work in more fiction, less rulebook time. Now that I've consumed most of the D&D & M&M material maybe that will be easier, although as i write this I'm reading DC Heroes 3rd edition, so we'll see how that goes.

  • On the miniatures front I'm going to try and get our 40K battles back on track and work in some other systems too, like Battletech and Federation Commander.

That's all for now - hope the new year goes well for all.

2 comments:

Adam Dickstein said...

I wish I could focus on only three types of games. Sadly, being able to narrow the field like that has always eluded me.

I really like your Atomic City setting idea and can't wait to see how it pans out.

Blacksteel said...

Thanks Bark - it's a new concept here too but I'm hoping it has some rewards. Think "goal" rather than "promise". Plus those 3 are pretty broad so I have some wiggle room.

I'll have more on Atomic City in the next week or so in between 4E campaign updates.