Wednesday, March 26, 2014

There IS a Hero System Combat Manager!



On a prior zero-prep post I made this comment:

"If there was program like Combat Manager for Hero System, I would run a lot more Champions than I do."

Well, it turns out they have one now. The Hero store has it here. It is linked to Hero Designer, but if I decide to dive back in to Hero in a significant way I would want that anyway. 

There is a video of it in use here. It's interesting. The interface is pretty plain, but it looks like it works well enough.

Now it works with 5th or 6th edition, as does Designer. I own 5th but have never really done much with it and skipped 6th entirely. I was thinking 4th would be my preferred flavor of Champions if I started something with it but the availability of these does make that call a little tougher.  I'll have to ponder this one for a while.

1 comment:

Jay Murphy said...

I gave my 5th?? Edition Black Cover Hard Bound copy of the Hero System to the local library. Let some other fourteen year old have a whack at it. What I did keep was my 2nd Edition rule book, Enemies 3, and Millenium City. There has got to be a way to make Superhero character creation and game play simple. Whether or not computer software is the answer. I don't know?