Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Overreaction Wednesday



  • Bunch of stuff about future D&D organized play options here. I'm not really big into these kinds of things but this one looks almost over-complicated to me. They mention trying to lessen the "intimidation factor" of getting into these things. Maybe that's a problem for some, but I suspect the "hassle factor" of getting in and keeping up with all of this stuff is more of a problem for the grown-ups that might be interested. Want to run a game at the local store? Look - we've added paperwork to enhance the fun! I know, I know, I'm probably overstating it but that's how it strikes me reading the wall of text in those 30+ bullet points. 
  • The D&D digital tools available information is listed here. I thought this one was particularly interesting: It includes character generation, adventure management, and rule lookups. CharGen I get. Rule lookups are something you can do with any decent PDF or website. "Adventure Management" though - what exactly would that cover? Combat manager? Loot tracker? I'm a little curious, though I'm not nearly as fired up about New D&D as a lot of people are. 
  • EN WORLD did a nice release timeline graphic also - here. I'm sure I'll pick up some of these, I'm just not sure how much.
  • M&M Gadget Guide - the compilation of the weekly guides - is coming and there's a little blurb here. I like the cover and the stats for the giant robot are a free PDF & HeroLab download which is pretty cool. 

No comments: